Our very own Executive Chef and Owner, Kieron Hales, makes some of the fluffiest, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes we’ve ever tasted and now you can taste them too! Cornman Farms’ Homestead Pancake Mix is now available through Zingerman’s Mail Order when you purchase the Food Explorer’s Club. To tease your tastebuds, we’ve included the recipe below!
Also check out the savory version of the recipe here.
- 1 lb. Homestead Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBSP Butter (we’re partial to Kerrygold)
- Whisk milk & eggs in large bowl
- Gradually add dry mix, stir continuously until batter just comes together (Chef’s tip: don’t overwork the mix as it will make the pancakes tough)
- Melt butter on stove in saute pan, then pour slowly into the batter and stir gently to incorporate
- Stir for about 3 minutes
- Preheat non-stick pan on low heat and rub with a little oil
- Spoon two teaspooons of batter into the pan and spread out with a spoon to about a 4-inch diameter
- Allow small bubbles to form, then turn with a rubber spatula
- Cook for another 1-1.5 minutes
- Let them rest for three minutes before serving
- Serve them with your choice of butter, maple syrup, jam or just eat them plain!