Starting on January 12, 2019, our Executive Chef and Partner, Kieron Hales, will be popping up monthly at the Zingerman’s Coffee Company to flip his signature pancakes! In addition to our traditional homestead pancakes, each Pancake Pop-Up will feature a monthly flavor, and we’re kicking it off with Rum Raisin. Don’t worry – if you can’t make it on the 12th we’re excited to share the recipe so you too can have a delicious taste of the Caribbean in the heart of winter.
Saturday, January 12
Saturday, February 9
Saturday, March 9
Saturday, April 13
Saturday, May 11
Saturday, June 8
Time: 8-11am or until sold out
Location: Zingerman’s Coffee Company, 3723 Plaza Drive #5, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Rum Raisin Pancake Recipe
- ½ cup of large dark raisins
- ¼ cup of dark rum (Wood’s 100 Old Navy is our choice)
- 1 lb. Cornman Farms Homestead Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter (we’re partial to Kerrygold)
- The night before, combine the raisins and rum in a shallow dish. Cover and leave out at room temperature.
- The next morning, whisk milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Gradually add dry mix, stirring continuously until batter forms.
- Pour melted butter slowly into the batter and stir gently to incorporate.
- Mix in the raisins and rum.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on low heat and rub lightly with oil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread out with a spoon to about a 4-inch diameter.
- Allow small bubbles to form, then turn with a rubber spatula.
- Cook for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- Let them rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve them with your choice of butter, maple syrup, jam or plain (they’re that good)!