Our beverage manager Jason McNeely loves this punch recipe because it’s simple, great for entertaining at home (which is especially convenient in winter) and incorporates two of his favorite things: rosemary and Aperol. If you’re looking for a fun take on an Aperol Spritz, this is your drink…
For the Rosemary infused Aperol:
- 1 bottle Aperol
- 3 long sprigs fresh rosemary
For the honey syrup:
- 8 ounces warm water
- 8 ounces honey
For the punch:
- 18 ounces rosemary-infused Aperol
- 9 ounces bourbon such as Four Roses Yellow Label
- 6 ounces honey syrup
- 24 ounces sparkling wine
- 24 ounces seltzer water
- Garnish: grapefruit slices and additional rosemary sprigs
- Place 3 long sprigs of fresh rosemary in a bottle of Aperol. Let sit for 3 hours at room temperature, strain.
- Combine honey and warm water. Stir together thoroughly, or combine in a jar and shake until mixed.
- Mix rosemary-infused Aperol, bourbon, and honey syrup in a punch bowl.
- Top with sparkling wine and seltzer.
- Garnish with grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs and serve with ice.
Serves about 20 people.
*Note: Photo shows thyme instead of rosemary, which is a good substitute if you don’t have rosemary in your garden or kitchen but our beverage manager recommends using rosemary if possible.