Mulled Wine Recipe from Cornman Farms
Our beverage team’s take on this classic cold-weather cocktail, featuring our own spice blend to bring out the most flavor in your mulled wine. Taste it straight from the experts at our Bar Night on February 22nd, featuring local bands, cash bar, and a special appearance by the Imperial Taco Truck.
- 3 bottles of red wine
- 5.5 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice (pulp removed)
- 4 oz. Apple Brandy (Cognac, Calvados or any brandy will work)
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 16 oz. simple syrup (1:1 ratio of water to demerara sugar)
- CMF Spice Pack
- Mace, 1g
- Cardamom, 1g
- Cinnamon, 1g
- Cloves, 1.25g
- Star anise, 1g
- Juniper berries, 1.25g
- Add all ingredients to a large pot, including the spice pack* which you can tie to the handle of the pot.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for about an hour. DO NOT BOIL.
- To serve immediately, remove spice bag from liquid and serve warm to hot with a swatch of orange in glass.
- For best results, let cool and transfer to a refrigerator friendly container. Refrigerate anywhere from 2 hours to 5 days to infuse the liquid with the flavors from the spices. Heat up to 160 degrees F when ready to serve.
*If you are not using a spice pack, first lightly toast the spices in a sauté pan until fragrant (this brings out the flavor). Then, add the toasted spices into the pot with all ingredients and strain before serving.