Did you know that between now and June 2019, our Executive Chef and Partner, Kieron Hales, will be popping up monthly at the Zingerman’s Coffee Company to flip his signature pancakes? In addition to our traditional homestead pancakes, each Pancake Pop-Up will feature a monthly flavor, and this month is Honeyed Ham! Click here for more information on our Pancake Pop-Up events.
- 1 lb. Cornman Farms Homestead Pancake Mix (or your favorite mix!)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter (we’re partial to Kerrygold)
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped ham
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (we love Raye’s)
- Mix together sea salt and rosemary. If you have a pestle and mortar, grind together. Leave this mixture on a tray and place in a warm spot overnight to dry out.
- Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Gradually add dry mix, stirring continuously until batter forms.
- Pour melted butter slowly into the batter and stir gently to incorporate.
- Fold in the ham, honey and mustard.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on low heat and rub lightly with oil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread out with a spoon to about a 4-inch diameter.
- Allow small bubbles to form, then turn with a rubber spatula.
- Cook for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- Let them rest for 3 minutes before sprinkling a pinch of rosemary sea salt mixture on top and serving.