Just in time for the holiday season! Our Executive Chef, Kieron Hales, has put together some of his favorite items that we can no longer live without at Cornman Farms or at home. Not only are they practical but they add an immediate element of style and decor to your kitchen. If you are looking for the perfect gift for that foodie in your life we highly recommend the below!
For The Old Pro
1. The Joule, Chef Steps. For the chef in your life that has everything. This piece of kitchen equipment is making a name for itself both in restaurants and at home. The Joule allows you to create perfectly cooked meats, vegetables, fruits and desserts eliminating the guesswork by controlling time and temperatures.
2. Ball Jars, Target. Ball Jars pair perfectly with The Joule as you can cook and store your favorite winter soups in preparation for a cold and snowy day in front of the fire. They are also great to use as cereal bowls, flower jars and for canning.
3. Staub Cast Iron Pot, Sur La Table. We love these pots for the farm and you can always find them on our stove. They are perfect for winter stews and porridge.
4. Jelly Roll Non Stick Pans, Williams Sonoma. We find these prettier in pairs. With the amount of baking we do in the coming months our pans hardly ever see a cupboard. Whether we are making homemade crackers or cheese gougeres our oven is always on and we enjoy having these baking sheets adorn our countertops.
5. Silpat, Demarle. If you don’t already have your favorite baking sheets at home we love using Silpat baking sheets for a non-stick, easy clean-up solution!
6. 9.5” Mac chef’s knife, Amazon. This is the perfect go to knife for all of your holiday choppings and toppings.
7. Kitchen Consultation, Zingerman’s Cornman Farms. Work with our Executive Chef, Kieron Hales, over three different meetings to get your kitchen life in order. From practical cooking advice, to menu development to organizing your kitchen, he will certainly make your life easier! Price upon request. Please call 734.619.8100.
8. Euro Milk Glass Set, Anthropologie. We love this take on milk glasses, they evoke a sense of nostalgia and we are pretty sure Santa will love them too!
9. Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans, Zingerman’s Candy. Are you worried that Santa will be tired by the time he gets to your house. Set aside these espresso beans by his milk glass to give him that extra pep in his step!
10. Usagi Cocktail Shaker, Cocktail Kingdom. We all deserve a decadent cocktail during the holiday. We prefer to shake ours with the rose gold Usagi shaker, but understand if you are partial to the silver or gold!
11. A Taste of Italy, Zingermans Cornman Farms. Cornman Farms welcomes special guest chef Gioacchino Passalacqua, all the way from Sicily, for a special dinner. The evening will include a multi-course meal featuring special foods imported from Italy as well as wine pairings for a truly authentic taste of Italy right here in Michigan.
12. Silver Spoon, Silver Spoon. The perfect cookbook for anyone who is entertaining this season. This book combines the best of Italy’s recipes that have been perfected over the past 65 years.
13. The Chestnut Wrapped Napoleon Cheese & The Slate Cheese Serving Board, Zingerman’s Creamery & Mail Order. If it’s good enough for Napoleon it’s good enough for us! Also, what’s better than cheese beautifully wrapped in chestnut leaves.
14. Terrafirma Ceramics, Peachtree Place. These handmade ceramic bowls are the perfect place setting for a breakfast with house guests or family dessert.
15. Silver Tip Spout Soap Dispenser, Haven. We all have our favorite scents and soaps (Caldrea, Barr & Co., Savon De Marseille) that we use in our kitchens and loos, but this is our favorite dispenser, it blends with any style both modern or traditional.
16. White Wedding Tea, Bellocq. At first we fell in love with the packaging and the silver jars. Now we are in love with the taste and aroma as well!
17. Linnea’s Lights Candles, Linnea’s Lights. We suggest that you choose the scent. From the packaging to the subtle curated smells, you cannot go wrong! These make for the perfect hostess gift. When you order one as a gift, order one for yourself as well!