Did you know that between now and June 2019, our Executive Chef and Partner, Kieron Hales, will be popping up monthly at the Zingerman’s Coffee Company to flip his signature pancakes? In addition to our traditional homestead pancakes, each Pancake Pop-Up will feature a monthly flavor, and this month is Chocolate Peanut Brittle! Click here for more information on our Pancake Pop-Up events.
- 1 lb. Cornman Farms Homestead Pancake Mix (or your favorite mix!)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter (we’re partial to Kerrygold)
- 1 cup Zingerman’s Candy peanut brittle smashed into small pieces
- Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl
- Gradually add dry mix, stirring continuously until batter forms
- Pour melted butter slowly into the batter and stir gently to incorporate
- Preheat a non-stick pan on low heat and rub lightly with oil
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread out with a spoon to about a 4-inch diameter
- Allow small bubbles to form, then turn with a rubber spatula
- Sprinkle in 1/2 tablespoon of crushed peanut brittle
- Cook for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- Let them rest for 3 minutes before serving
- Serve them with your choice of butter, maple syrup, jam or just eat them plain!