Did you know that between now and June 2019, our Executive Chef and Partner, Kieron Hales, will be popping up monthly at the Zingerman’s Coffee Company to flip his signature pancakes? In addition to our traditional homestead pancakes, each Pancake Pop-Up will feature a monthly flavor, and this month is Cheddar Bacon! Click here for more information on our Pancake Pop-Up events.
- 1 lb. Cornman Farms Homestead Pancake Mix (or your favorite mix!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter (we’re partial to Kerrygold)
- ¾ cup of grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh picked thyme leaf
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Gradually add dry mix, stirring continuously until batter forms.
- Pour melted butter slowly into the batter and stir gently to incorporate.
- Fold in the cheddar, bacon, thyme and pepper.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on low heat and rub lightly with oil.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread out with a spoon to about a 4-inch diameter.
- Allow small bubbles to form, then turn with a rubber spatula.
- Cook for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- Let them rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve them with your choice of butter, maple syrup, jam or just eat them plain! (We secretly love them with a spot of Heinz ketchup.)